Do not judge this book too quickly. I admit that I tried to start reading the book and couldn't get past the first couple chapters. I put it down for several months and finally tried to start reading it again. I am SO glad I did. After I got to Part 2 I could not put this book down. I would constantly think about it when I wasn't reading it and wanted to get home again so I could continue the experience. After I finished the book I sat there and analyzed it in my head for weeks, coming to different conclusions every time. This is going to be a great book group discussion. You just HAVE to get passed Part 1. If it's really giving you a hard time I give you permission to read the spark notes of just Part 1. http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Life of Pi Introduction
By Maretta
Do not judge this book too quickly. I admit that I tried to start reading the book and couldn't get past the first couple chapters. I put it down for several months and finally tried to start reading it again. I am SO glad I did. After I got to Part 2 I could not put this book down. I would constantly think about it when I wasn't reading it and wanted to get home again so I could continue the experience. After I finished the book I sat there and analyzed it in my head for weeks, coming to different conclusions every time. This is going to be a great book group discussion. You just HAVE to get passed Part 1. If it's really giving you a hard time I give you permission to read the spark notes of just Part 1. http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/ lifeofpi/section2.rhtml Don't you dare read the spark notes of Part 2 though. You will be cheating yourself of a great literary experience. See you April 19th!
Do not judge this book too quickly. I admit that I tried to start reading the book and couldn't get past the first couple chapters. I put it down for several months and finally tried to start reading it again. I am SO glad I did. After I got to Part 2 I could not put this book down. I would constantly think about it when I wasn't reading it and wanted to get home again so I could continue the experience. After I finished the book I sat there and analyzed it in my head for weeks, coming to different conclusions every time. This is going to be a great book group discussion. You just HAVE to get passed Part 1. If it's really giving you a hard time I give you permission to read the spark notes of just Part 1. http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment