Saturday, October 1, 2011

Book Club Update

Hi Everyone!

I decided to give our little book blog another shot after hearing from a few people that it's actually viewed/read!  I was so flattered, that I had to start again.  So here you go.

Our September meeting was really fun and different.  I have a whole new list of books to read!  Although it was a tight competition, Jamie was the most convincing that night and won!  So she decided to choose her book for October's book.  It's Fire of the Covenant: The Story of the Willie and Martin Handcart Companies by Gerald N. Lund.  Because this is a LDS author with an LDS theme (pioneer trekking), it's not available through the libraries here.  However, especially if you buy used, you can get it pretty cheap on Amazon.  Jamie got a hardback for $6.95.  Order soon so you have time to read the book!

The rest of the books introduced are certainly worth mentioning!  I'm too forgetful (and lazy) to give these books a decent description so I'll just put the presenter next to the title so you can ask them!

Heather: Nephertiti by Michelle Moran
Randee: The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
Nicole G: These Is My Words by Nancy Turner
Nicole J: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Kimi: Artichoke's Heart by Suzanne Supplee
Lisa: Weakness Is Not Sin by Wendy Ulrich
Natalie: The Help by Kathryn Stockett

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm excited to read this book. If anyone has an extra copy lying around I'd love to borrow it!

    ReplyDelete